Selkirk Group of Companies is committed to the health and safety of its employees, contractors and visitors.
Our aim is to eliminate work-related injury and illness
We believe that:
- All injuries are preventable - zero harm is possible!
- Leadership is the key driver of a zero harm culture.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Everyone’s involvement in health and safety is essential.
We will achieve our aim of zero harm by:
- Identifying, assessing and controlling risks in all workplaces.
- Training all employees in safe work practices.
- Holding employees at all levels accountable for their own safety and safety in their area of responsibility.
- Actively supporting the development and work of OH&S Committees and Health and Safety representatives.
- Ensuring compliance to OH&S legal requirements, standards and Codes of Practice.
- Taking a “zero tolerance” approach to safety issues.